Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pepperpot

Tower Valley is a small portion of the vast Gardens of Powerscourt in County Wicklow, Ireland. It is here, amid a forest of over 250 varieties of trees planted over the past 200 years, that you will find Pepperpot Tower.
Its curious name is due to the fact that it was modeled from an actual pepperpot belonging to Lord Powerscourt and used at his dining table.
 Several cannons surround the tower. We visited on a rainy day exploring what we could between showers. I like the way the chain holds the raindrops; you may need to click on the photo to see the detail.
I was delighted that we were allowed to climb the tower! The doorway was most inviting.
The top of Pepperpot Tower was home to a collection of puddles in all sizes. They were worth stepping around or even wading through because the view was magnificent.
By standing on a bench (and zooming!), I was able to capture a portion of Powerscourt House, once the site of a 13th century medieval castle owned by the LePower Family.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog today.All I can say I would have been in heaven climbing that tower. I have visited Ireland many times and adore it there. Miltown Maybay was where I wanted to move in my dreams....the heart of fiddle and. genie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a beautiful view from up there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a very interesting place to visit. Nice photos! (Thank you for visiting my blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were so fortunate to be able to visit such wonderful sites as this one. I guess I'd better add Ireland to my bucket list! Beautiful and enticing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks fro sharing.
    I have only been to Dublin ( less than 2 days, due to some problems with the air traffic in Europe) and I know there are soooo much to see.... One day I hope to go back. Greetings from me in Stavanger.(Norway)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and dropping off a comment. It is a joy to know when something ignited a thought. Thank you for sharing yours!

Related Posts with Thumbnails